Wausau Area Wedding Photographer Located in Medford Wisconsin.

Specializing in Senior, Lifestyle, and Fine Art Wedding Photojournalism




Save

Search My Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Reserving your Wedding Date

Dear Future Brides and Grooms,

Weekly, I get couples contacting me about wedding availability. Often, I am booked a year in advance, but sometimes I do have dates open. My calendar is published on my website, but I appreciate the contact.

If you are the first person to contact me for a date, you get first dibs. Meaning if there is another couple looking at the date, I will let you know and give your first chance to get me your signed contract and the non-refundable deposit. The first couple has a week before I give the second couple the opportunity to secure their date. This is my least favorite part of my job because I would honestly like to capture them all, but I simply cannot be two places at once.

To be honest, I do not really know of a better way of doing this process. However, I do know that I want to be fair to my potential clients and fair to myself. Scheduling is so important in this business. It is also a major challenge that takes many hours of emails and paper work. So if you are a couple who is interested in any photographer, not just me, get them your deposit and contract. I try to get back to my email inquires within a day and I appreciate it when people get back to me in the same manner.

Many thanks –

James

0 comments:

 
google-site-verification: googled1432168a93de01c.html